Sunday, January 15, 2012

Vagabond Stampin

So I created Vagabond Stampin' to blog about my cardmaking. I chose the word Vagabond because when I looked it up, the first definition said "moving from place to place without a fixed home".

As a military spouse, that pretty much sums up my life. I'm not complaining. I've got to see a lot more of the world than most and wouldn't trade any of my experiences.

On January 27th I will celebrate my one year anniversary as a Stampin' Up Demonstrator. I have created some things on my own, but I have to give credit where credit is due. I get alot of inspiration from Dawn Griffith, France Martin (Frenchie), my card swap group here in the UK and from all the wonderful ladies who post videos on Stampin' Connection.

I belong to a local card swap where I have made some wonderful new friends. Each month we meet, swap cards and if we want, we can also enter a "competition". You make one card and everyone votes on the one they like best. I've come in at a close second, but have never won it....someday :)

Most recently I joined another card swap through Stampin' Connection and Debbie Cunningham. I swap cards with six other ladies from around the US. We send out our cards on the 6th of each month. January's cards were a bit late, but it sounds like everyone got theirs out by the following Monday. Since I live overseas and mail takes a bit longer, I think I might try sending mine out by the first of each month.

I will try and blog each Sunday and maybe more if I'm feeling inspirational ;) Right now I am working on a Secret Project for a friend. I'm about 25% done and when it's all complete and she lets me know she has it, I will post pictures and such.

Now a little about myself...I am a military spouse currently living in the UK. I've been married 15 years and have one child who is 11. He and his Dad can be a handful, but I wouldn't trade them in for all the money (although some days I might feel differently for a second or two).

Princess Honey is a name given to me by my son. He even has a Build-A-Bear family for each of us. There's King Daddy, Princess Honey & Harley. Since coming to the UK we have added Sergeant Daddy, Crash and Drake.

I'm not a scrapbooker. I don't know what it is, but it just doesn't appeal to me. I love making cards and other projects.

I was very lucky to have my wonderful dog Bandit in my life for 14 1/2 years. She was such a wonderful dog and when my son was born, you can see a bit of her in every picture. Just 5 months after moving to the UK, she passed away. We still miss her everyday. Almost 2 years ago, my husband went with some friends to look at puppies while I was in the US at a friends wedding. We pretty much went straight from the airport to the kennel so he could show her to me. I fell in love all over again. She's a West Highland Terrier (Westie for short) and her name is Vodka. My husband wanted to name her Foam (like beer foam), but I refused to yell that in te neighborhood if she ever got out. So she ended up with the name Vodka Harley (hubby's two favorites LOL). She has so many of the same qualities as Bandit, that I would swear Bandit was reincarnated into a westie.

We also have a cat Daizey. Bandit and her were practically inseperable. She however does NOT like Vodka. She was queen of the house for year all by herself and did not appreciate us bringing the white ball of fluff home.

Well, that's it for now. See you next week if not before.

No comments:

Post a Comment